Ladies Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables

5 posters

Go down

Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables Empty Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables

Post by Vamokuhle May 13th 2010, 10:46

This is what I tried last night, when you thank me, please thank unilever solutions too, I got it from their web-page!

Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables
50.00 ml Oil, Sunflower
500.00 g Chicken pieces
150.00 g Onions
1.00 pc Garlic, cloves
10.00 ml Tomato paste
200.00 g Butternut
150.00 g Mushrooms, Button (Champignons de Paris)
150.00 g Pattie pans
100.00 g Snow peas/ Mange tout
50.00 g ROBERTSONS Jikelele Chicken 6 X 1kg
750.00 ml Water
10.00 g Coriander, fresh (Cilantro)

Preparation
1. Heat oil and onions and the garlic, add chicken pieces and allow to brown.
2. Add half the water and the tomato paste and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the roughly chopped butternut, mushrooms and pattie pans.
4. Combine Jikelele powder with the remaining water and pour over the chicken. Mix well.
5. Allow to simmer.
6. Stir in the coriander and snow peas, just before serving.
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables Empty Re: Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables

Post by MamaL&B May 13th 2010, 11:29

Sounds yummy, so now I'm having seconds thoughts about the portuguess...I'll have to decide...lol I didn't know what Coriander is, so I googled it Embarassed will I find it at pick n pay?I stay very far from fruit n veg...ja and the pattie pants, hae I'm having second thoughts, I think I'm just gonna buy something from woolies
MamaL&B
MamaL&B

Back to top Go down

Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables Empty Re: Jikelele Chicken with a Trio of Vegetables

Post by Beauty May 13th 2010, 11:48

Embarassed i had to google Pattie pans and snow peas Embarassed , i've eaten snow peas before but didnt know what they were called.

I'll say go with the portuguese...no woolies Evil or Very Mad
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Vamokuhle May 13th 2010, 11:53

to substitute coriander (its very seasonaly hey) I usually use parsley, they are from the same family and more or little less the same
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty May 13th 2010, 11:55

what did you serve with Vamo, Rice?
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Vamokuhle May 13th 2010, 12:01

screw pasta Beauty but rice will also be fine! I love pasta all the way!
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty May 13th 2010, 12:11

I'm gonna try this on Sunday, i'm so excited. i'm making the portuguese what what tonight Embarassed will it be fine on its own or maybe side dish nyana maar what?
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Vamokuhle May 13th 2010, 12:21

ke eng Portuguese what what Beauty? is it the one on Amanda's first page? If that is the one, why don't you make fritters on the side? it will be lovely
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty May 13th 2010, 12:31

yes that's the one
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece May 13th 2010, 14:35

I will try is Vamo, sound yummy, yummy indeed. I love coriander in my stew dishes, it gives such a fresh taste Smile
Cece
Cece

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaL&B May 14th 2010, 11:58

Thanks for the recipes ladies, I cooked the portuguess what what Razz and my hubby loved it,I even took some for lunch.... I also baked chocolate cake,it didn't turn out as good as I hope, but DH and my kids ate it all,they enjoyed it!!! Laughing
MamaL&B
MamaL&B

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty May 14th 2010, 12:07

Wow i'm glad everything went well, could'nt make it last night. Sorry about the cake, they say practice makes perfect Smile
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda_Z May 14th 2010, 15:52

Mama L&B u ddnt bother 2 save some for me Laughing
Amanda_Z
Amanda_Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum