Ladies Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Un) fair dismissal?

+2
Cece
Beauty
6 posters

Go down

(Un) fair dismissal? Empty (Un) fair dismissal?

Post by Beauty May 20th 2010, 15:42

The nanny of baby Marzanne Kruger has lodged her complaint with the CCMA after being fired by her employer, her lawyer says. Nanny Franscina Sekhu was fired by the Kruger family after she and the one-year-old baby were severely assaulted by three men.

Sekhu is accused of having let the men into the house and allegedly had tea with one of them while watching television.

What do you guys think?
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

(Un) fair dismissal? Empty Re: (Un) fair dismissal?

Post by Cece May 20th 2010, 15:50

I also read about that yesterday, i think its very unfortunate that the family took that decision. Coz one thing for sure she also love the kid. Little did she knew that those guy will be that vicious that day. I also heard on the news at 3 that the baby is now blind due to the beating but not yet sure if its permanent Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . Why did they have to beat a baby mara?
Cece
Cece

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda_Z May 20th 2010, 16:06

But can the parents trust her with their child? I understand dat she ddnt knw dat she'll b beaten up. I think whn u want 2 fire somebody just make it legal (maybe a months pay) or get a lawyer involved. I
Amanda_Z
Amanda_Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Vamokuhle May 21st 2010, 08:28

I only saw this story once or twice on the news, I didn't follow it hey! Kanti the nanny is the one who let them in? is she famailiar with them or they were just guys from the street she never met?
Hhayi bo naye how can she be so reckless to let THREE unknown men in the house while she was ALONE with a tiny baby!
I am not saying she derserves to be fired but what if something even worse than this happened?
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty May 21st 2010, 08:33

The guys once worked there and she must have befriended them then or even if they werent friends she assumed they came to work again. This is the reason why i was so angry with my nanny because she met her boyfriend at my place when he came to fix the mainswitch. I told her the guy must never ever come there and she's not aloud to take keys with her when she goes to his place.

Shame its so sad about the baby, i pray the blindness is not permanent.
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Vamokuhle May 21st 2010, 08:42

Oh I get it now, thanks for clarification Beauty!

Shame I remember your case with nanny hey! no really you must put your foot down! Nanny must clearly understand that you can even swallow glasses to keep LO from harm! Our LO aren't safe with some family members and how much more totally strager nanny meets while at work?
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Post by change in progress May 21st 2010, 09:44

I think the family had a right to fire the nanny and I will tell you why before you bite my head off (Un) fair dismissal? Icon_redface .

We all tell our nannies never to allow anyone into our homes but they do, if someone is going to come when you are not there you actually let the nanny know and for her to even make tea and sit and chat while watching tv with the guys.

She did put the baby's life in danger and she should not have acted as if that house is her own.
change in progress
change in progress

Back to top Go down

Post by Beauty May 21st 2010, 10:06

I agree with you CIP, my mom even suggested i bring them home (LO and nanny).
Beauty
Beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Vamokuhle May 21st 2010, 10:58

I also agree but now this case has drawn too much attention from the media so they will pull all these cards to the table!
Vamokuhle
Vamokuhle

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaL&B May 21st 2010, 15:44

I also agree with CIP, the nanny shouldn't let anyone in the house unless specified otherwise by her employer...Beauty I think you should listen to your mom this time, you can never be too safe. If she's willing to help then your nanny and son can go to her
MamaL&B
MamaL&B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum